This course provides an advanced understanding of the concepts relating to organizational decision-making, planning and control.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Investment Appraisal for Capital Decisions
- Methods of investment appraisal
- Non-financial aspects of investment appraisal
- Risk in investment appraisal
- Financial management of capital projects
Measuring Financial Performance
- Comparison of performance to budgets
- Accounting for responsibility
- The importance of performance indicators
- The Balanced Scorecard
Changing Nature of Managerial Accounting
- Roadmap for finance effectiveness
- From tangibles to intangibles
- The stakeholder model of an organization
- Beyond budgeting
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Those who wish to extend their understanding of the management accounting function to a more strategic level.
- Finance staff who are in a position to make managerial decisions.
- Non-financial staff who need to understand the accounting function at a strategic level.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The investment appraisal process and its management.
- Why and how measuring performance answers the question did we achieve what we set out to achieve and how do we spot warning signs on the way.
- How and why finance teams need to question and enhance the relevance of their function.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3455 + VAT
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!