By attending this course, you will be able to successfully lead public services to achieve service excellence and community objectives.
This course embarks into the essential fundamental aspects of leadership on your career pathway. Set over the course using a combination of discussion debates, case studies, research and immersion sessions, you will explore experientially how to emerge more fully as a leader and to harness the workforce to transform.
During this intensive course, you will master leadership with a broad range of skills and knowledge that will excel your potential. By contextualizing the humanistic skills with your leadership skills you will discover the path of least resistance to achieve goals. In doing so you will leverage more time to grow the organization due to gains in the effectiveness and efficiency acquired.
The course will also include site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Public Sector Finance Strategy
- Public Sector Strategic Planning
- Public Sector – Leading Strategic Change
- Leadership – The Pursuit of Excellence
- Key Leadership Qualities
- Decision-Making Skills
- Empowering the Workforce
- Influencing with Integrity
- Negotiating Skills for Leaders
- Site Visits
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Directors and Deputy Directors, and all other public sector senior officers who are responsible for achieving the authority’s strategic objectives and can commit the resources to achieve them.
- Directors and Heads of Departments.
- Senior Managers and High Performance Executives.
- Senior HR and Business Analysts.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- ‘step-up’ to lead the whole service.
- Define service outcomes.
- Understand the responsibilities of the service ‘end-to-end’ manager.
- Comprehensively understand leadership principles and apply them.
- Explore the leadership styles and the psychological basis that underpins great leadership.
- Apply high level decision-making approaches to deliver robust leadership strategies.
- Master key aspects of leadership using a mixture of pragmatic and logical considerations.
- Hone both your interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to increase influence and persuasion.
- Debate and negotiate in a manner to get acceptance from stakeholders to proceed with the organization’s mission.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£7065 + VAT